The project will focus on the analysis of the following inter-legality situations:
1. Cases involving norms of international and domestic law:
- BVERFG, 2835/17, 19 May 2020 (Federal Intelligence Service and Foreing Surveillance)
- Sea Watch 3 (Carola Rackete) - Tribunale di Agrigento, 2 July 2019, nº 2592/19 and Corte di Cassazione, 16 January 2020, nº 6626/20.
- Giudice Grillo c. Tijani Ibrahim Mirghani e Amid, Tribunale di Trapani, 3 June 2019 n. 112.
- Gomes Lund et al. ("Guerrilha do Araguaia") v. Brazil (Preliminary Objections, Merits, Reparations, and Costs) Inter-American Court of Human Rights Series C No 219 (24 November 2010) and Case Herzog et al. v. Brazil (Preliminary Objections, Merits, Reparations and Costs) Inter-American Court of Human Rights Series C No 353 (15 March 2018).
2. Cases involving norms of different international and supranational regimes:
- Ioane Teitiota v. New Zealand: Human Rights Committee, concerning communication No. 2728/2016, 23 September 2020.
- Hassan v. United Kingdom: ECtHR (Grand Chamber), App. 29750/09, 16 September 2014.
- Loizidou v. Turkey: ECtHR (Grand Chamber), app. 15318/89, 18 December 1996
- Brazil — Measures Affecting Imports of Retreaded Tyres (Brazil — Retreaded tyres); Complainant: European Communities; Respondent: Brazil ; Panel report circulated: 12 June 2007; Appellate Body report circulated: 3 December 2007.
- Australia — Certain Measures Concerning Trademarks, Geographical Indications and Other Plain Packaging Requirements Applicable to Tobacco Products and Packaging (Australia – Plain Packaging); Complainant: Honduras, Indonesia, Dominican Republic, Cuba; Respondent: Australia; Panel report circulated: 28 June 2018 (adopted 27 August 2018).
- Philip Morris Brands Sarl, Philip Morris Product S.A. and Abal Hermanos S.A. v. Oriental Republic of Uruguay, ICSID Case no ARB/10/7, 8 July 2016.
- Urbaser S.A. and Consorcio de Aguas Bilbao Bizkaia v The Argentine Republic, ICSID Case no ARB/07/26, 8 December 2016.
- Güzelyurtlu and others v Cyprus and Turkey, ECtHR (Grand Chamber), app 36925/07, 29 January 2019.
- Environment and Human Rights, IACtHR, Advisory Opinion OC-23/17 of 15 November 2017.
- Council of the European Union v Front populaire pour la libération de la saguia-el-hamra et du rio de oro (Front Polisario), Court of Justice EU, case C-104/16P, 21 December 2016.